This post is an introduction and evaluation of EduCreations new iPad screencasting app. This is a companion post to the previous reviews, Screencasting Apps for the iPad (September 2011).
Comparison to the common features noted in the previous article
- import a background image from the camera roll
- choose pen colors for drawing
areas of the screen orthe entire page
- record voice along with what is happening on the screen
- upload for online viewing
1. EduCreations Interactive Whiteboard (free | iTunes link)
- Step forwards and backwards between edits.
- Move freely between slides while narration continues.
- Auto-pause the recording when attempting to add an image.
- Undo button steps backwards through changes.
- Dedicated image menu with image “lock” feature.
- Companion online screencasting interface.
- Online video sharing includes multiple levels of permissions.
- Video embeddable within other websites.
- Import and control multiple images per slide.
- Videos lives within the App or the propitiatory website by default.
- Embed feature requires FLASH (video won’t play on iPad or iPhone).
- No pen tip width control.